Thursday, June 12, 2008

A shaky start

I'm finally up and running, though it took me a little while to get going here. It's been three months actually since the time I made my account to the time of my first blog. There was a series of problems, unforeseen mostly, and therefore unplanned for, that can fit squarely into the cross hairs of blame.

The main reason for the delay can be traced back to my own sense of feigned accomplishment after finishing the tedium of launching my blog. I created the account in March and rather that posting immediately, I felt like patting myself on the back for a job well-done and figured I could post something the next morning. That didn't work exactly how I thought it would since my blog was flagged as a spam blog. It makes sense, in hindsight, that an account created with no content should standout as a potential problem.

What I hadn't anticipated was how complicated it would be to correct this problem. I had to e-mail tech support and had to wait for review. I had to do that twice before I figured out that it had worked. In the meantime, I became disinterested in my blog and with school exponentially growing in intensity in April and May, I really had no inclination to start blogging with a bogged-down brain.

But now my blog is up and I have learned another valuable life lesson: Don't put off to tomorrow blogs you want to post today. So here it is ...

No comments: